Prince Edward Island
Deblois. The railroad tracks have been torn up since the snow storm in February 1932. This site is now part of the Confederation walking trail. People have reported the apparitional sound of a train whistle at this location since shortly after the accident. A ball of light has also been reported speeding down where the tracks once were. It speeds toward the scene of the accident and then suddenly slows to stop right at the accident scene before speeding off again down the former tracks. The light is thought by witnesses to be either a spooky recording of the accident itself or possibly the spectral engineer still desperately trying to avoid the accident.
Ghost Ship of Northumberland Strait is described as a beautiful schooner that has three masts (sometimes four masts, as reports vary) with pure white sails, all of which become completely engulfed in flames as onlookers watch.There never seems to be a predetermined place for where the ship will appear; sightings tend to happen when least expected. Sightings have occurred throughout the seasons, but seem to be more prevalent from September to November. These visions are also apparent before a northeast wind, and folklore has it that this brilliant ghost ship is a forewarning of a storm.
Holland Cove. The first group of European settlers came to this place in 1764. The surveyor Captain Holland brought with him his beautiful bride. Tall and of the French court, she was something beautiful to behold. One of Captain Holland’s surveying trips took a little longer than planned and the poor girl by the name of Racine went across the ice to hopefully see some sign of him. Unfortunately the ice was thinner than she thought and she fell through. Sadness followed the Captain. He reported seeing this apparition a few days later. She brought water with her and kept calling for Holland. To this day on July 14 every year at the time of high tide Racine is said to appear. The legend is that those that will see her will drown.
Scotch Fort Cemetery in Tracadie. A Scottish colonist whose name was Peter MacIntyre arrived on Tracadie in 1773. At a local bar, he sat around the warm stove to start some great conversation with friends. Unfortunately the men started discussing a great ball of fire that was seen by witnesses here. MacIntyre didn’t believe in spirits harming anyone so when the challenge was proposed to walk across here that very night, he was only to happy to take it up. MacIntyre was given a pitch fork and sent on his merry way to the creepy French cemetery. In the morning, he was not found at his house. The group of men went up to the cemetery and found Peter dead on a grave. To this day the ball of fire is seen. It is believed by visitors that this place is not safe at night. Many apparitions have been seen and heard by visitors. It is definitely very creepy.
Yeo House in Port Hill. This historic house is now part of Green Park Shipbuilding Museum and an interesting place to its visitors. It helps one experience what it must have been like being a member of a shipbuilding family during the pre-confederate times. This family was described as kind in nature. In the 1800s, James Yeo was the most influential and wealthy man in the colony. This place is believed to be haunted by Yeo’s family. The feelings about being watched are huge, cold spots are felt, and the sounds of feminine voices have been heard by visitors.
27 Apr, 2016
Prince Edward Island
by cnkguy with no comments yet.